Saturday, December 25, 2010

Holiday Update

Merry Christmas to my fellow Lawrence enthusiasts!

This winter break has been rather trying, between Christmas shopping, bad weather and the death of my grandfather. However, I have found plenty of time to read, and I recently finished two additional Lawrence biographies: Anthony Nutting's Lawrence of Arabia: The Man and the Motive (1961), and Knightley and Simpson's The Secret Lives of Lawrence of Arabia (1969). I hope to review both of them soon.

I also received Michael Korda's Hero, the most recent Lawrence biography, as a Christmas gift, though it may have to stand in line behind Edmund Morris's Colonel Roosevelt (the finale of his TR trilogy) and The Complete New York Times Civil War. The joys of being a history buff.

Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed this blog so far. I'll plunge into this project in earnest next year, and you can look forward to three new reviews come January.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment